Friday, January 24, 2014

RV Adventure Days 73-74

My masters did a lot of visiting on Thursday. First, they were treated to a wonderful Polish dinner of stuffed cabbage rolls at their friend's house in Chandler, Arizona. I got to be in the dining area, but was not allowed to beg or get any food slipped to me and, boy! did it smell good! I AM part Polish, you know, with a name like Pulaski Kulminski!
Then they went to Goodyear, Arizona, and stayed with my Mrs. Master's teaching buddy from about 10 years ago. The family: mom, dad, grandmother, and two very talented teenage girls that entertained them,were very nice to us! One of the girls even came into the RV to see the little squirt, Alabama.
During the day, my masters toured San Xavier Mission, drove through the Saguaro National Park, and took a tour of Old Tucson Studios where they made a bunch of movies. You should look up the history of Old Tucson and see all the movies that have been made here with famous actors like John Wayne and Ronald Reagan.

San Xavier Mission

 My master had his first ever burrito made with Fry Bread and said it was very good.
 The Saguaro National Park
 Old Tucson Studios is a movie set for Westerns made as far back as 1939



On Friday, we walked around Scotsdale, Arizona. Its seems like a very ritzy place to me. 

This afternoon, we made it to my home state, CALIFORNIA! I was born in Big Bear Lake and grew up in San Diego. I was a golf course dog on the La Costa Golf Course before I became an island dog on Orcas Island. I don't know if there is going to be much to say in the next week. We will be staying in the Palm Springs area again with my Mrs. Master's family and then on to San Diego where they are meeting up with all kinds of people. Very boring for me! The most I can hope for is some beach time. We will be staying at the San Elijo State Park in Cardiff-by-the-Sea. I'll post some pictures next week when we get our site. Maybe I can get some cool sunset shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment