Tuesday, December 17, 2013

RV Adventure Days 34-36

Today we made it to FLORIDA and we are staying in a beautiful park on the Gulf Coast!

Let me back up to last Sunday, Day 34. My masters went to their 5th church on this trip and each have been different. Sunday they went to The Pentecostal Church of Layfayette. They said it was a Christmas program with funny skits, moving music, and then a song that rocked your soul (as only Pentecostals can do!)

Then we drove to New Orleans and stayed at the Pontchartrain Landing RV Park and Marina. My masters took a shuttle into the French Quarter and I got to guard the RV. This is actually not such a bad job as I get to snooze while they walk in freezing weather.


The French Quarter

Coffee and Beignets at the Cafe Del Monde in the French Quarter

After New Orleans, we headed for Mississippi. All the roads are elevated above these swamp lands. It was amazing to see how many miles they had to build these roads above water and see the houses on tall poles for when it floods.
The highway goes over miles of land like this

In Biloxi, Mississippi, my masters toured the Jefferson Davis house and said it was interesting history and they really enjoyed it. The sad thing was that it is the only antebellum house left out of 20 houses in this area due to Hurricane Katrina. Our guide said New Orleans got all the attention, but this area was just as devastated by the hurricane.
Believe it or not, by 5:00 pm, we were in Alabama! The whole state of Mississippi in one day!

Jefferson Davis House in his later years

His daughter's original doll













And now, I must tell you about how my life changed today, Tuesday, December 17th, I got a sister (not one I asked for, mind you!) This is how it happened. My Mrs. Master has been going on about getting this special cat, but every time she looked online for one, she found that they were expensive and you had to do a lot of paperwork and they were hard to get. So she says, "What happened to getting a kitten in a cardboard box." WELL...when we went to the Visitor's Center in Alabama, they had 2 kittens for free in a cardboard box. Go figure! The volunteers had found them that morning in a storm drain. We left only to return the next day and now I have sister named "Alabama" and this is what she looks like...

Sweet Alabama
This is our view at the Emerald Beach RV Park. So beautiful!! Makes up for this new annoying sister that hisses at me. "Sweet" Alabama, yeah, right!


No comments:

Post a Comment