Saturday, December 7, 2013

RV Adventure Days 25 and 26

I don't know what is more scary; parking on BLM land in the middle of nowhere or the RV Park tonight. It was only $15 and I have WIFI to blog, so I guess I won't complain. We are in Bowie, Arizona, with cold winds and sand and cactus. I tried to go for a walk today and got 3 stickers in my paws! Ouch! It hurt so much, I was limping. How is a self-respecting dog supposed to go with no grass? And, boy! do I miss the beach and the oceans. I guess I am NOT a desert dog!

We left Lake Havasu on Friday morning after I got to go for a walk with my Mrs. Master to take pictures of  some replicas of lighthouses that are around Lake Havasu (22 to be exact).
Then we drove until dark and pulled off on Vekol Rd which is BLM land (Bureau of Land Management) and parked in the most remote place on earth! No cell phone coverage and snakes and scorpions in the prickly cactus. I could hardly sleep!

On Saturday, my masters spent a long time in the Pima Air and Space Museum while I napped in the RV. They were quite impressed and my Mr. Master took a zillion pictures of planes. I selected a few that I liked for the blog.
 

Wright Brothers exhibit


 
Then back on the road to Bowie, where we are tonight at the Mountain View RV Park. Mountain View?? Really? I come from Washington State where we have REAL mountains and REAL grass!
They call this a mountain?
Tomorrow we will be in New Mexico and exploring some Ghost Towns. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment