Wednesday, December 11, 2013

RV Adventure Days 27-29

My masters have been making up for lost time. We didn't even stop in New Mexico except for church. It was a really old farming community. They found a Catholic Church, St. Joseph's, and rushed inside because they were late. They came out a little confused, but happy to hear about God in Spanish. The small congregation were all Hispanic farm workers. We left and drove to Texas, passing miles of cow ranches!
 
When we got into El Paso, my Mrs. Master looked over to the right and said, "That looks like Mexico" and it was! How strange to have beautiful houses, malls, and schools on the left and abject poverty on the right. Can you imagine how dogs must live there? I began to count my blessings and realized how lucky I am to have two meals and many dog bones a day! I felt sorry for them.
We stopped at the Ft. Stockton museum. There are many forts and museums in Texas and the visitor's information centers are amazing! My masters are impressed with the attention they give tourism and how much there is to see and do throughout the state. In fact, after driving so much, they actually stopped and saw two attractions in the same day on Tuesday.
RV Park at Caverns of Sonora
 
We camped at the Caverns of Sonora with a bunch of fat peacocks and some deer. My masters took the caverns tour and were gone an hour and a half! They said it was spectacular! Can you believe that it is privately owned? A dog discovered a hole in the property and it turned out to be miles of caves with limestone and other mineral formations. You did notice that I said "a dog" discovered it? We are wonderful, aren't we?


 
We left Sonora about 11:30 and only got to San Antonia, Texas. Did I mention that Texas is a VERY large state? We checked into Traveler's World RV Park and they told my masters how to get the bus to the River Walk and off they went leaving me to guard the RV, an important job, I might add.
They returned about 9:30 after having dinner and a tour on the River Walk. They said the Christmas lights were beautiful and they kept passing a boat with Christmas Carolers. It was fun, but they were like ice cubes when they returned. It still remains really cold.
This is by the River Mall where there are a ton of shops

There are restaurants that line the River Walk

One of the boats going up and down the river


A mural seen from the boat tour
Fun, but freezing!
Today, we're leaving the 10 freeway to go find the oldest Polish community in the United States, Panna Maria. I like Texas. I'm now a Texas DAWG! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment