Saturday, December 14, 2013

RV Adventure Day 33

We made it to Louisiana! We are in Abbeville RV Park and my masters went out to a very popular restaurant called "Schuck's" and had shrimp and catfish. Folks here wear cowboy boots and say ya'll, pretty much like they did in Texas, except we are in Cajun Country, so they say it with a French accent. I kinda' like it. The lady at the park cautioned my master to keep me on a leash for my own safety. Instead of alligators like the last park we were in, they have owls with 4 foot wing spans that pick off small dogs. Obviously, she hasn't see me, but I'm keeping my eye out for these gigantic menacing owls!

Before we left Galveston, we explored the Historic Strand District. They had some cool sights and old buildings. We were there just in time for a Christmas parade. Everyone was throwing me necklaces, so I put them on. My masters are planning on stopping in New Orleans and if it was the Mardi Gras, I would be ready!

People were taking photos of me!

We left Galveston and took a free ferry to get back on our way east.
I was very happy to get to Louisiana! We are that much closer to our final destination of Boca Raton, Florida, where I hear the temperatures are in the 70's. Hot dog!!


 Our ferries on Orcas look a lot different
People build their houses high because of flood waters

Louisiana welcomed us! They have the most awesome tourist centers in these parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment