Friday, December 13, 2013

RV Adventure Days 30-32
We have been staying in Texas State Parks the last two nights and they don't have WiFi, so I am catching up tonight here in Galveston, Texas, at an RV Park right on the beach. Ahhh...back to the beach!
So, last Wednesday, we were still in San Antonio and my masters went to see the Alamo. In fact, it was a full day of seeing missions and churches. When we left the Alamo, we drove on country roads to find the oldest Polish settlements in the United States (I guess we did this since my Mr. Master is Polish). We found the coolest churches in three towns, except I wouldn't call them towns. The churches were practically the only buildings there. People live mostly on farms here and must come from miles for church. I heard my masters say that the stained glass windows and statues and portraits were really beautiful!

This is the outside of the Alamo
 
This was the church in the Polish settlement of Kosciuska

The inside of the church was breathtaking!

All the churches had stained glass everywhere

The second church was in Cestohowa


 
This is the oldest Polish church in Panna Maria

This is inside Panna Maria
 
On Thursday, we stayed at Brazos Bend State Park. It is 5000 acres of lakes, trees, birds, alligators, and poisonous snakes. I wasn't leaving the RV until I realized that it was too cold for any self-respecting alligator or snake to come out. We stayed in an awesome site all by ourselves and my masters went bike riding the next morning even though it was very, very cold!
 


Biking at Brazos Bend State Park
Amusement Park at Galveston
 



Friday (tonight) we are in Galveston and this is the view from our back window. I can't wait until morning to play in the waves and the sand again! I am a Texas BEACH DAWG!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment