Friday, July 6, 2012

Who does not like a garage sale? How much better does "estate sale" sound? After breakfast, we rushed to our neighbor's house to see what they were selling in an impromptu sale that only this side of the island knew about.We were half an hour after the sale started and folks had trucks backed up loading the goods. When is the last time you saw things for 5 or 10 cents? How about nice wooden chairs for $5?
I am doubly thrilled when I buy something I actually need. I spotted a heavy green metal signpost that I thought our entrance sign would look great on. I tentatively asked, "How much do you want for this?" and held my breath. She hesitated and then said, "How about $2?" I couldn't believe my ears! Later I realized that she probably thought no one in their right mind would buy an old heavy green metal signpost, but I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment